Friday, August 15, 2014

Letter 4 "WOW!!!"

Letter from the MTC week 4

Hello Family and Friends,        August 14, 2014

I cannot believe how fast everything is going here. Yesterday I got the opportunity to host the new missionaries coming in, and I thought to myself, "This is nuts. I was just here, and now tomorrow I get my travel plans."

This week has a been a great week of studying and working hard. Elder Glenn and I have taught about 5-6 lessons every day this week. The Spanish could be better...but I'm feeling encouraged. Something that I have focused on this week and is the process of repentance and how I can better teach my investigators why it's important. 
 Brian is from LA, California and loves to play soccer, be in shape, and work at his other job which is helping special needs kids (naturally). He is going to UVU in the Fall and all of his family are members but he is not. This week I felt to ask him what he wanted to gain from us talking to him. He then shared how he would like to know more about to be "Mas cerca Dios de Ti' -- or closer to God. We then shared about the power of repentance and baptism. Elder Glenn then invited him to be baptized. He said, "Yes of course." One of the coolest experiences I have ever had. 
 The other power which I would like to add my witness and testimony to is the power of the Priesthood. This week I was able to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord in 2 different cases. I was able to give a comfort blessing to a new elder this week and then one of the hermanas got super sick and I along with my companion and the whole rest of the district, was able to give her a blessing. 

Again, this is the work and the glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of men. 

Here now is my challenge, If you are struggling in your life with challenges, troubles, or afflictions, please pray to our Heavenly Father who loves you. Repentance is called, "The Plan of Mercy" for a reason. If Alma the younger can be forgiven, then I know you can to feel and say, "Oh what Joy,"

In the name of Jesus Christ Amen

Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment