Monday, August 25, 2014

The Transition to the field

August 22, 2014

Friday night we received a call from Hannah who'd just finished her shift at the MTC cafeteria.  She told us that our Elder Hall had travel news for us. When we logged in, we were able to email back and forth for a few minutes.

Here's the conversation between the boy and Mom:

Hey, so I witnessed a miracle today. My Visa came and I head out to Ecuador at 3:30 am on Monday. My flight will leave from SLC at about 7:25 am and then fly to Atlanta!:) and have a 4 hour layover in Atlanta and then fly to Quito. I'm allowed to call home while I'm in Atlanta so plan on a call from me at about 3pm; That way I hope I can talk to everyone. I sure am excited to talk with you wonderful people! I got a calling card today so that I can talk to you. I will be online for about 15 more mins if you have any questions. You are welcome to ping me via email.

Love you,

Elder Hall


Wow!  Is that early? Somehow I thought you'd leave on a Wednesday -- guess I was wrong. 

Ya nope-- on Monday. Thank you for your prayers because all the prayers were answered today. So much joy and relief.

Is that a good time to call?

Yes!

Sweet. Ok so what are your questions?




Well one is- when and how did you find out? 

I found out at 11:30 am and by the travel office. The crazy thing was that I was already temporarily assigned to the Colorado Denver South Mission, and I prayed and made peace with that, but then they called me in later and told me the visa came today. And I'll fly out Monday morning. I was soooooooooooooo grateful. 


And 2: you sure you don't wanna stay at the MTC for the whole 2 years? I could deliver packages every week, and you eat well and have chocolate milk....

No --I am so ready to go :)  Today we had infield orientation where I learned how to work with members and how to find people and I'm so excited I can't even express how happy and ready I am. 

That's awesome then...






But am I going to be able send things to you in Ecuador?



Yes, it will just take longer. Kind of crazy.

So I will fly alone, but meet up with my district from the MTC in Atlanta, before they all go to Argentina

Does it make you nervous to travel alone?

A little bit but not really. 
I'm pretty at peace with it all and just excited to get started. I have been talking with the Ecuador Elder and I now understand everything he says and I'm so excited to meet his family. He said he sent his dad and mom an email to look for me and feed me--ha ha. I'm so excited and so very grateful. Miracles everyday of every hour.




So will you travel from Atlanta to Quito alone too?

Yes. Kind of crazy. but SO EXCITED. I can communicate pretty well and pretty confident that I can ask people where to go and how to get somewhere.

Ah man! You're just the best! 

Ok well I need to go but I want you tell you that I love you. And I want you to read Moroni 7:41-43 and think about how can you apply these things in every aspect of your life. 

Love you and talk to  you on Monday OK?

Ok sweetheart.... So proud of my fine boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment