Monday, October 6, 2014

"All Is Well, All Is Well"

October 6, 2014   Quito, Ecuador

Dear Family and Friends,
I hope you got the opportunity to listen to all of conference. If you haven't yet, go do it tomorrow. It will enlighten your mind and strengthen your faith. It will also answer your questions and give revelation to your personal and individual spirit.
This week we had 2 more baptisms. Unfortunately, I lost my camera last wednesday and I don't have one at the moment. (Sorry Mom...). It was a great baptismal service and how happy I felt baptizing them! It was a mother and a son of a part family who are now all members. They will go to the temple in a year.

 For this next month we have 8 people with a baptismal date set, and they will be baptized. Unfortunately, we also had changes and I have been transfered to Quito with a new companion. His name is Elder Arevena, and he is sooo awesome. He is on fire and I'm very excited to serve with him! I arrived in Quito this afternoon and already we are laughing and getting along. The other thing is that Elder Barton from Grandview, yes from Grandma and Papa's ward, is in my same district and we live in the same house! He's awesome and I can't wait to work with him :)

For just a moment I would like to talk about faith. Faith contains several parts: 1, Believing that something is true. 2, Having a desire to know that with the Lord all things are possible. 3, Acting in Faith. 

Family and friends, I have a strong testimony of this. These last 6 weeks were the hardest and loneliest weeks I have ever had. However, with much prayer and faith in Him, I saw miracles. I saw people get baptized and follow the example of our Savior. I saw the gift of tongues work through the power of the Holy Ghost as people began to understand what I was saying and teaching. I saw the miracle of love for a companion who I didn't get along really well with. Family and friends, all things are possible with a sure faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. Without faith we are nothing and will not receive the blessing that we would have received --had we had faith.
Please pray and work in Faith. Serve the poor and the elderly. Become as a little child; become submissive and humble --we all must be in order to return to the presence of our Father in Heaven. Read Ether 12:4.
I'm doing great and working hard. I love this work and the joy that it brings. My prayer is that we may come unto to Christ and rely upon his atoning sacrifice.
Love,
Elder HAll

No comments:

Post a Comment