Monday, November 24, 2014

"All Creatures of Our God and King."

November 24th, 2014  Quito, Ecuador

Hello Family and Friends,

Do you realize how blessed you are? I want you to think about that for a minute.
How many times as he answered your call to arms? 
How many times have you been lifted when there seemed to be no way out?

I have a story I would like to share: This week we visited a dear brother in the ward, Hermano Garcia. His wife has been sick for some time now, and is living currently in the hospital. We started to share with him about remembering our covenants that we have made with the Lord and why it is so important. He shared a beautiful story about his first time in the temple and it made me cry (I am becoming a bit of a cryer these days.) I suddenly felt the impression to ask himwhat the Atonement means to him personally. He then started to cry and to explain what a great blessing the Atonement is to him. He expressed his gratitude and praised the name of the Lord Almighty in the most reverent prayer I have ever heard. 

This experience has made me reflect on my blessings, and how many times He has been there for me, and specific ways He is there for all of the people. This brother could focus on the negative if he wanted but he chooses to focus on the Savior and the blessings he has in his life.

I invite everyone of you to answer the questions above, and then write down your thoughts and feelings in your journal. As you do, I promise that your mind will be illuminated and enlightened and you will feel the love the Savior has for each and every one of you. 

I share these things with you-- to act and live what you learn. As President Boyd K. Packer has said, "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior."

I testify of these things in the name of my Savior and Redeemer, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment