Sunday, November 2, 2014

"Lead Kindly Light"

October 27th, 2014        Quito, Ecuador

Hello Family and Friends,

This week has been a joy.

There are things that are not really describable--Like a daughter hugging her mother right after they were both baptized, or a homeless man who is hungry and needs food, or the miracle of a baptismal font not having hot water, and praying for hot water because the sister who was being baptized was sick--and recieving hot water. The other indescribeable thing is the simplicity of beauty.

The closest thing to verbalizing that beauty is a dear primary song that keeps coming into my mind. "Whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at a blue, blue sky. Whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by. Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by a lilac tree, Im glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Fathers created for me." Abbie, I'm sure you'll remember hearing that song at AFY.

When we are completely obedient, following the commandments completely, and loving others, we will see the beauty of all things and learn that in all circumstances it is important to be grateful. This week I have learned this. I decided to be exactly obedient and surrender my desires, wishes, wants, and dreams to the Lord for the rest of my mission. I was reading in D&C 121:34-46 and felt very strongly that I needed to learn the lesson that it talks about.

This last week Tiffany and Mayra were baptized and I finally know why Its so important for our Heavenly Father to find and baptize families. I kind not describe the feelings which I had at that baptism but let's just say that Ï cried alot. I felt the presence of our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost in that baptism and Elder Aravena told me that angels had to be singing and ministering.

How grateful I am for our Savior and His loving gift that He has given all of us! The Plan of Salvation is his sure plan, and the way is true. Our families can be together forever. This I know and testify with the very being of my soul.



Love you all,

-Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment