Tuesday, September 30, 2014

"Abide With Me, 'Tis Eventide"

September 29, 2104    Santo Domingo, Ecuador



Hello Family and Friends,
This week has been one of reflection and also learning. I am coming to an end of my first change in the mission, and I think ---where has the time gone? I can still remember eating BYU ice cream at the cafeteria on Sunday nights in the MTC. I can still remember the very long bus ride to the airport early in the morning. I remember passing the Lindon exit and breathing very hard and bowing my head as if all emotions were attacking me at once.


This week I decided to do something to get myself more involved with finding more people and getting to know the members of the ward. I started a family history class. Using the new booklets that Family Search has put out called, "My Family," I was able to help several people get started with their family history. It's such an exciting experience! My heart is overwhelmed with the power and spirit of Elijah. Everybody is very excited about it, except my companion. But I have faith that he will learn to love it too.

This week I also baptized one of our investigators. She was so happy and it's amazing to see already the difference the gospel brings to so many people's lives. It is so true, and through the Atonement of Jesus Christ all can obtain eternal life. But only through the name of Jesus Christ --for there is no other way.

Yes, it is still hard and very challenging. My Spanish is not very good, and I am learning to have patience with myself. The hymns are my outlet of expression and I sing them frequently. 

May you strive to keep all the commandments, endure to the end, and have patience in all things. 

Love,
Elder Hall

Elder Huisa, Jennifer Silva's family, and Elder Hall

The newest member of the church in Santo Domingo, Ecuador--Jennifer Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment