Friday, September 19, 2014

"Press Forward Saints"

September 15, 2104

Hello Family and Friends,
Well this week has been good, but a little long for my liking. 

Something that seems to always get me is this darn language. Half the time I don't what anyone is talking about, and Mom-- I'm developing your habit of talking to myself in the store. Today as we went to buy things I starting talking to myself and my companion abruptly told me that I couldn't do that. I quickly apologized and continued on in my head. :)

We have had some miracles happen this week: On Tuesday, I felt that we needed to fast. So we did. We fasted for 24 hours and I'm pretty sure by the end I thought I was going to die. This week we have contacted over 50 people, and we have a new family to teach. The familia Araujo. They are progressing very well and the second lesson we taught about the law of chastity and invited them to get married. Well this weekend they did just that! They will be baptized the 4th of October (4 people). The other miracle is that Jennifer who is a cousin to Selena, decided that she would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. We held a tour at the capilla (chapel) for Selena and Jennifer. We then sat in the room where the baptismal font is and showed them the font and talked about the simplicity and beauty of baptism. I asked Jennifer about how she felt. She then responded, "'Im going to be baptized." She will be baptized the 27th of September. What a powerful moment that was for me!

Something that I continue to do is always pray. Most mornings I spend almost an hour praying. I pray every chance I get. I realized that if we keep pressing forward in the faith of our Savior Jesus Christ, we will be strengthened, and eventually sealed His.
This is very hard, and many times I have thought I just want to give up... 
DON'T GIVE UP! He has promised us so many blessings that we can't even comprehend, but CAN receive if we persevere. Thank you for your prayers. Keep praying please, as I have felt your prayers. 

Smile a mile and keep moving in the way of the Lord.
Love you all,
Elder Hall

ps. We were chased by dogs this week for almost two blocks. We have had many doors slammed in our faces, and we walk miles and miles in the hot sun every day. However, I kind of feel like Im on an Amazonian adventure every day --which is kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment