Friday, September 19, 2014

Dear Family

Also Sept. 8th, 21014  from Santo Domingo, Ecuador


Dear Family,
My companion and I are....ok. He's not very patient with me which is tricky since he's my trainer and supposed to help me. So --I continue to be patient with him, and love him and thank him for his help. 

I finally got to play soccer or as they call it futbol today. We played on a cement "cancha" or court with all the elders from our zone in the middle of Santo Domingo with no nets and just bamboo posts for our goal posts. I was able to find Oreos and Chips Ahoy here. Wow does Heavenly Father love me!

 I also have been more at peace since I was able to get my CD player working. I listen to the Tabernacle Choir every morning and Every night. Last night I listened to my Vocal Point CD and heard the song which says, "C'mon c'mon you have got to move on, this is not the you I know. This isn't real it's just all you can feel, and that's the way that feelings go." Remember that song Abbie? That was the song that got me through last summer; through what I thought to be the end of my life and existence for all I knew or cared. I now find myself in a similar situation-- listening the songs about my Savior and His atonement. But tonight as I look outside and here the dogs barking, parrots chirping, and the sun is glistening on the metal rooftops of Ecuador, I think: "I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world, Heavenly created for me." 

The sights, sounds, smells, food, people and all creatures of our God and King are so different here! It also is very, very, very hot and humid. My companion thinks it's cold and so I bear the heat in order not to make the Peruvian mad or frustrated.  This week I found myself reading in Alma 32 a lot. I encourage you as a family to read it.

Also, please have family scripture study. It will help you guys be able to understand your purpose and the blessings of God so much better. We are in the last days and we just have to be reading our scriptures. Even if it's only for 5 minutes a day.

Sure love you Hall Family of mine and miss you lots. I show pictures of all of you to the people here in Ecuador as much as I can, because I want them to see what a family can be. Love you guys!

Millie, Sam and Max I sure would like to hear from you next week. How are you guys doing? How's school, football, and dance?

Love you,
Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment