Tuesday, September 30, 2014

"More Pressing Forward as Saints"

September 22nd, 2014  Santo Domingo, Ecuador


Hello Family and Friends,
This week has been one of hope, praying, more praying, and continually pressing forward. This week I have seen many marvelous miracles, which only come when you think all hope is lost and you're not looking for them. One of our investigators, Jennifer Silva, is going to be baptized this Saturday! I will have the privilege of baptizing her. I am so excited that sometimes I just have to sing. Its a habit of mine. 

We also have 4 more investigators who will be baptized on the 3rd of October! This is a miracle because it is a family and we found them through a reference from a member. The other miracle with this family is that the father, Mexus, and his spouse aren't married. So we taught them about the Law of Chastity. They have so much faith and desire to follow the example of Christ and be baptized that they are getting married today. In simple words about this week: Obedience and Perseverance bring about Joy and Miracles. 

It has really rained here this week. I have returned home completely drenched several times this week. I have found that I love the rain. My Grandpa Wells challenged me to look for the beauty of this world. I have found that I love the fruit here, the rain, the birds, the butterflies, the children who are constantly smiling and playing futbol in the rain; the rice, the yogurt, and many more.

Yes, this week was long and very hard but I found comfort in the scriptures. In D&C 6:33-36, I have found peace and faith. I love all of you.

My testimony is that God is our loving Heavenly Father, Jesus is the Christ and I know that He loves each and every single one of us. Because of Him we can return to the presence of our Heavenly Father once again.

Love you all,
Elder Hall

Completely drenched...

 Our apartment. My side i(with the clock, music, and UNO cards)
    The kitchen, dining room, and laundry room.



No comments:

Post a Comment